Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Jones Family Reunion

Today, the first of the three families arrives for our Jones family reunion. Mary Jane's brother, Jeremy, and his wife and child, Nelda and Andrea, have driven in from Texas. Mary Jane's sister, Amy, her husband, Tod, and children, Elliott and Emily, fly down from Vermont on Thursday. Mary Jane's other brother and his wife, Dan and Laura, are driving down from Washington, D.C., at the end of the week and will get here on Thursday, probably. They have six: Laurel, Elaina, Selena, Lydia, Marielle and brand new Nathanial. On Saturday, we're driving over to Panama City for the big Jones family reunion, with all of Dad's family. This will be the first time all of us kids and grandkids are together with Mom and Dad in almost 10 years. And we've never all been to a big Jones family reunion together. It should be a lot of fun.

On a completely different topic, I have given my two weeks notice at my current job and start a new job on the 13th. My soon-to-be new employer actually offered me this job before I started working where I work now. However, they had to take it back, as the person who was leaving decided to stay. Well, the person is leaving for real and they called me to see if I was still interested. The compensation is better and the location is more convenient, so I have taken the new post. I will be working in graphic design (still) on print projects, signs and vehicle graphics. It's sort of combination between my first two jobs.

I am coming to the end of The Stand, by Stephen King. I have been listening to it for some time. It is better than I had thought, and I have high expectations for all Stephen King books. He is -- by far -- my favorite author. He has such a way of writing that completely captivates me and makes me want to write. I'll try to remember to let you know if it ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment