Sunday, June 28, 2009

You've got to start somewhere

Mary Jane, my ever-lovin' wife, has decided to start a blog. Being as scared of all things technical as she is, she asked me to familiarize myself with Blogger in order to teach her how to use the Web site. Back when I MySpaced, I used to blog quite regularly. Facebook, on the other hand, does not have such a system and I did not continue the task. So, here I am, starting a blog again. We'll see where it leads.

Something I think I'll catalog is our remodel process. After moving to Florida and deciding that living with the in-laws is not "all bad," we (the four of us: Mom Jones, Dad Jones, Mary Jane and I) have decided to enlarge the house in order to accommodate us all more easily so that we can continue to cohabitate. The house currently includes a single-car garage which contains a sofa, a golf cart, and lots of junk. Behind that is a fairly large laundry room with some cabinets for storage. We're going to take that space and turn it into a new entry, a nice-sized office and a dining room. The current dining room will be absorbed into the kitchen, doubling its size, and a new addition will be added to the rear of the house, consisting of a master suite and new laundry room. We also hope to add a covered car port onto the end of the addition and a screened in porch beside it. We'll have to see if the funds are available. So, the process is complete thus far: We have drawn up the plans and given them to the group of fellas who will do the work. They are working on drawing up the plans officially and pricing the portions in order to let us know how much we'll be able to complete and, perhaps, how we can complete it all in stages. I was advised this morning that we should be having a meeting some time this week with them. So, that's where we are so far with that.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with remodeling! And good luck to Mary Jane on starting her blog. I have always been anti-blog because a few years ago, it was all the rage at the TV station, and I wanted to go against the grain and be the only person NOT blogging. To be honest, I don't consider the family website a blog, although I guess it really is. I just needed a domain to have a family website since we are not renewing our dot mac account (the most awesome thing ever). Okay, anyway, I look forward to keeping tabs on you guys.

    ReplyDelete